Monday, June 4, 2007

Google Book Search/Books By And About Saints

The Life of St. Chrysostom By August Neander Downloadable.

The Life of St. Francis Xavier: Apostle of the Indies and Japan By J. P. Maffei, Daniello Bartoli. Downloadable.

The Life of St. Vincent de Paul By Henry Bedford. Downloadable.

From St. Francis to Dante By George Gordon Coulton. Downloadable.

History of the Life and Institute of St. Ignatius de Loyola: Founder of the Society of Jesus By Daniello Bartoli Downloadable.


St. Ignatius Loyola and the Early Jesuits By Stewart Rose


Life of St. Stephen Harding: Abbot of Citeaux and Founder of the Cistercian Order By John Dobree Dalgairns Downloadable.

St. Ambrose: His Life, Times, and Teaching By Robinson Thornton Downloadable.

St. Francis of Assisi: His Times, Life and Work By William John Knox LittleDownloadable.

St. Thomas of Canterbury: His Death and Miracles By Edwin Abbott Abbott

The Confessions of St. Augustine

The Life and Letters of St. Francis Xavier By Henry James Coleridge

The life of st. Vincent de Paul By Henry Bedford

2 comments:

Kimberly Lottman said...

I wanted to let you know that I am going to be moving most of the links to online texts in my side bar from In Beauty and In Grace to Beauty and Grace Academy. I've already copied several of them there, but will leave them up at In Beauty until I have them all copied to the school blog. Most of the texts for character building for young ladies will be under the header, For Young Ladies. The other's will go under their appropriate subjects, Poetry, French, etc.

I really appreciate you listing me as a source for free online texts, but wanted to let you know that you might want to change the link.

I am eventually planning on having a full curriculum with texts and schedules and everything, much like An Old Fashioned Education.

I am also going to include a new category, Catholic Texts, for those who prefer them.

I am also going to provide a link to your site as well under the Catholic header.

Additionally, I have several Nature Study texts at our Nature Blog (well, it started out as Nature blog anyway, it's a family endeavor). It's at http://www.astorybooklife.blogspot.com. I have a great link there today for a Children's devotional called Following Aslan.

I will probably continue to highlight some of the great texts I find within my posts at In Beauty and In Grace, so you might still be able to find some there that you possibly wouldn't find at the school blog. I love FREE ONLINE texts SO MUCH, I'll probably talk about them and provide links to them no matter what blog I'm writing for!

Talk to you soon!
Kim

Alexandra said...

Okay, thanks! I'll be adding and changing your links.

This is a slow endeavor here...a few links at a time. I'll be exporting some from my other blog too.

I can't wait to see your blog with the full curriculum!